Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's a Girl!

Since getting married, I have always wanted a family of all boys. Boys are dirty and wild, but much less moody than girls. With a family full of boys, I reasoned, we could avoid the drama and emotion that girls bring.

That, and I wouldn't have to worry about raising a daughter as bratty as me.

Although my mom would probably call that payback.

But during our ultrasound this morning, with cold gel on my belly, watching the tiny baby on the screen stretch and snuggle in the warmth of my uterus, we discovered that the newest addition to our family is going to be a little girl.

I couldn't be more excited.

Seriously excited. Like, much more excited than scared. Somewhere in the last few months, my desire to have all boys drifted away. I would watch my little niece strut around in her cute little dresses, her hair done up in flowers and bows, and yearn to have a girl of my own. While I would love another boy just as much, a part of me was really, truly hoping for a girl.

I guess it's good I changed my mind, eh?

While boys are fun, it's time we add a little more estrogen into our home.

My husband would contend that I provide more than my share.

Just wait until he has a teenage daughter.

Off to buy pink!
The Brown-Eyed Girl

1 comment:

Kolena locksa said...

so, so, SO excited for you!!!!!!! Little girls are so much fun! It's like you have a living, breathing doll to dress up ;)