Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Grumpy

I'm a bit of a grump this morning and in need of a pick-me-up, so here's a list of things that make me smile.

1. Last night Baby Brown Eyes insisted I kneel on all fours while he crawled back and forth, back and forth underneath me, laughing his little head off. Every time I tried to sit up, he cried.

(Wow, I must really be grumpy. I really had to stop and think before I started my list.)

2. A little girl from my church called the other day and asked if she could "come work on the farm." Apparently she meant could she come work with the horses. She and her family came over and she voluntarily scooped poop and brushed the horses and then begged for more work to do. I've done the math, and I think offering horseback rides to starry-eyed little girls in exchange for a wheelbarrow load of poop = I may never have to shovel poop again.

3. Mr. Brown Eyes just sent me a text, telling me Baby was really fussy, but "I stood next to the mirror and he calmed down! Just like momma. :)" Yes, our child gets his vanity from me.

4. I get to go prom dress shopping tonight! No, I am not dating a pimply-faced high schooler behind my husband's back; our stake throws a prom of sorts for the youth every year, and the night before they let the adults participate in the fun. The decorations are always amazing. This year's theme is "Night in New York," and I plan on buying the slinkiest dress I can find (at Saver's). And I will most certainly be going home with my date at the end of the night...since he also happens to be my husband.

5. Two weeks until Baby Brown Eyes turns one year old! (Or a finger, as my sisters like to say.)

6. There is a tub of homemade ice cream in my freezer so delicious that Mr. Brown Eyes eats it even though it gives him a terrible stomach ache. He told me the ice cream was so smooth it was as if it had been made out of "angel baby bottoms."

Angel baby bottoms.

That man makes me laugh.

There! I smiled.

I feel a lot better now.

Happy Wednesday,
The Brown-Eyed Girl

No comments: