Thursday, April 5, 2012

Jellybeans

1. We finally planted our garden this week. A few hours later I peeked out the window, as if I really expected to see our seeds sprouting already. I have the patience of a two year-old.

2. Let's hope I am actually able to grow some eggplants this year, instead of weeds.

3. Mr. Brown Eyes and I demolished a bag of Starburst jellybeans in one sitting last night.

4. Have I mentioned that I love jellybeans? Not the generic, tasteless kind, but the newer, more exotic creations like Starburst, Sweetart, and Bumpy Nerds. Easter needs to be over soon so the temptation of jellybeans can be removed far from me.

5. Baby Brown Eyes shared our jellybeans last night. Unbeknownst to me, he was shoving them one after another into his mouth without swallowing them. I discovered this when he spit a drooly, half-chewed, rainbow-colored wad into my hands.

6. That should have turned me off to jellybeans. But it didn't.

7. Jelly bean. That's such a gross word.

8. The word "jellybean" should turn me off to jellybeans. But it doesn't.

9. We are going to three Easter eggs hunts this Saturday. I think Baby Brown Eyes will have a blast. It the first year he'll actually be old enough to hunt for eggs instead of just toddling around aimlessly, looking adorable.

10. I am going to eat all his jellybeans.

Happy Easter!
The Brown-Eyed Girl

2 comments:

Brenda Anderson said...

I hate the word 'jellybean.' Most especially because it rhymes with Brenda Jean. I used to hate jellybeans themselves, but you're right, they've created some very delicious concoctions--like a bag of Starburst Jellybeans with nothing but red flavors!

Rachel K said...

Ooh, that's news to me! That's right, I forgot about your cute little nickname. :)