Thursday, March 29, 2012

Just Can't Get Enough

I just love being a mother lately. So much I can't even express it. Baby Brown Eyes just gets more fun and adorable every day. He melts my heart and fills my life with so much joy.

I love hearing his little voice try out new words. He repeats almost everything I say. Including "What the heck!" when I am raging at the TV. Good thing I didn't use a more colorful phrase. Other favorites include: spider, shark, bubbles, star, okay, milk, machines (when he wants to watch his favorite show, "Mighty Machines"), no way, and Hayden (his cousin).

He loves to just run, circling the house over and over again, his little feet pitter-pattering on the tile, collapsing on the carpet in a fit of giggles. The other day we went outside to play and he dashed away toward the horses while I walked down to the mailbox. I grabbed the mail, then looked up to see my little boy running for me across the yard, pumping his little legs as fast as they could go, his blond hair blowing, his grinning face tilted skyward. I will never forget that sight. It's what I live for as a mother.

A couple weeks ago I took him to work with me for a few hours. He entertained himself really well, pulling apart my folders, eating jellybeans, coloring, and looking at pictures of trains on my computer. He also found a couple hard hats and insisted that we both wear one.


I wish I could take him to work with me everyday. But then, I don't think I'd get much work done.

I just can't get enough of him.

Yours Truly,
The Brown-Eyed Girl

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Thats because you're such a good mama!!!!!!! =) And btw, I bet he feels the same way about you (cant get enough).