Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas

As my Christmas gift to you, I am giving you the recipe for my Mom's amazing Christmas cookies. They are a family tradition. I can't remember a Christmas without them. They are seriously the best Christmas cookies ever.

Not that I'm biased or anything.


Mom's Christmas Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup shortening
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, sugar, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer. Add dry ingredients and mix well. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to about 3/8 inches and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for eight minutes (unless the cookies are cut thinner, then give them less time).


Allow the cookies to cool completely, then frost. We use buttercream frosting, but I've also tried cream cheese frosting and this deliciousness, and both have been wonderful.


Don't forget the sprinkles!


Enjoy!

Merry Christmas!
The Brown-Eyed Girl




1 comment:

Kolena locksa said...

You should become a food photographer! Those are some awesome pictures my friend!! :D