Monday, May 3, 2021

Volcano Adventures

Since posting this almost seven years ago, where I described my first visit as an adult to Mt. St. Helens, my nerdy fascination with volcanoes remains as strong as ever. 


During a recent visit to Sunset Crater in Northern Arizona, I pondered the many volcanoes I've visited since that post. 


This was our second visit to Sunset Crater and the surrounding extinct volcanoes that make up the San Francisco Peaks. 


(Look how little they were! The kids, not the mountains.)

We also froze at Crater Lake, Oregon, in the middle of June.
     

Mr. Brown Eyes and I hiked through a rain forest to the top of Mt. Liamuiga in St. Kitts during our ten-year anniversary cruise. 

That was definitely at my insistence. And it was amazing.

                             

And last summer we explored the super volcano that is Yellowstone National Park. We camped in the nearby Tetons (in July) and got snowed on, but it was so worth it.

                              
                              
                              
                              

All right, so this doesn't even scratch the surface of the 1,500 potentially active volcanoes in the world, but it makes me happy. I love that every trip has been an adventure. 

But I definitely have a lot more volcanoes to see. 

                              

Here's to more adventuring,
The Brown-Eyed Girl

No comments: