Thursday, August 4, 2016

Tawnya's Wedding

As I have mentioned in the past, there are eleven kids in my family.

I am number ten.

(Ha, ha, I should make a movie out of my life, with that as the title.)

These days, my brothers and sisters are some of my best friends. But it wasn't always so.

I have this sister who is five years older than me. Which as a kid is like, eons. She would babysit us and always take our baby brother's side when we fought. She bossed us around. She and our older cousin would tell us scary stories and give us nightmares.

I don't even remember talking to her as a kid. I think I just stared at her in awe and terror.

Then, as I got into middle school, things changed. She started driving me places in her shiny new car. She bought me lunch with this amazing thing she had called money. And we started talking. And I stopped being afraid of her. Instead we'd laugh together and make up ridiculous songs to sing while we brushed our teeth. Road trips and late-night alien hunts and Christmas Eve movies became tradition.

Although we'd been sisters our whole lives, we had finally become friends.

Last year, this dear no-longer-frightening sister of mine got married. Due to several different factors, we ended up having the reception at my house.

It was a big, beautiful party.

Although I had very little to do with how gorgeous everything turned out, I wanted to share it all with you here.
(Photography by the amazing Cindy Price)
















This is how not scary Tawnya is now:


My kids absolutely adore her.

The end,
The Brown-Eyed Girl

No comments: