Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Leap Day

In the words of Phil Dunphy: “You’re given this gift of 24 extra hours. You can’t waste it at work or school. You have to do something extraordinary, something shocking.”

I can't say that we did anything extraordinary or shocking on Leap Day, but I definitely wanted to make it special.

So I kept Brown-Eyed Boy home from school.

 

And I tried to say "yes" more than I said "no."

As a result, we stayed in our pajamas most of the morning. We built a fort out of couch cushions. We played a game at the arcade. We ate Nutella and crepes (or skinny pancakes, as they are known in our household) for lunch. We visited Mr. Brown Eyes at work and ate ice cream with dinner.

And we had a picnic at the Phoenix Temple.
 
 


It was a good day.

Until our power went off in the middle of "The Good Dinosaur" and I had to walk through the pitch blackness searching for a flashlight, two terrified kids clinging to me.

Other than that, it was a beautiful extra 24 hours that I am so glad we had.

Happy Leap Year!
The Brown-Eyed Girl

No comments: