Friday, August 15, 2014

Oregon 2014

We just finished a two week vacation at one of my favorite places in the world.


Meaning Oregon, not Sushi Town, though that is one of my favorite things about going to Oregon.


This year, Brown-Eyed Boy joined us on our crabbing trip. He loved it.


We ate cheese at Tillamook...
 
 
Froze at the beach...



Played at Jones Creek...


And ate lunch with ghosts.

This year was the first time we've ever driven to Oregon. Can I just say that sitting in the front seat during a twenty hour drive, mediating arguments between children, doling out snacks, and occasionally checking the map felt like a rite of passage? I feel like I can finally call myself an adult now.

Well, sort of.

 
I have fond memories of road trips from my childhood. Long days stuck in the car with my siblings, listening to the radio and telling stories, eating fast food and drinking soda, playing with my favorite cousins, and seeing new places. I want my children to have the same experiences.
 
Except they'll never know what's it like to drive without watching movies or playing games on the tablet for hours.
 
They have it rough, I tell you.



 
We had so much fun playing with Mr. Brown Eyes' family.
 
I married into an awesome bunch of people.
 
Later,
The Brown-Eyed Girl

No comments: