Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pregnancy is Fun

Here's why:

1. It's the only time in his life my husband can crack fat jokes at my expense and not incur my wrath. I don't know why, but hearing him lovingly call me "butterball" and "pork rind," having him touch my belly and smilingly say, "Wow, you've really let yourself go," and getting texts from him that say, "I love you, chub chub," makes me love him more and more.

Now if I wasn't pregnant...that's a different story.

2. I have an insane sweet tooth. Brown-Eyed Boy's Halloween candy didn't stand a chance against me. Since getting pregnant, I have made at least four different kinds of muffins and devoured them all, whipped up late-night batches of cookies, and happily dunked graham crackers into a big tub of frosting.

Unfortunately, my stomach is now being squished to a smidgon of its usual size, so I can't eat as much as I usually want to.

With Thanksgiving coming up, like, tomorrow, that's probably a good thing.

3. Although, at this point, Brown-Eyed Boy is pretty much in denial that there will soon be another child in our family, sometimes, when I ask him to, he will bend his little blond head over my belly and say, "Hi, baby sister." And then, as he jumps and rolls all over me, I will feel baby sister wiggle, as if to say, "Hey, I want to play, too!"

4. I can go from happy to angry to sobbing tears in five seconds flat. You should have seen me when Romney lost the election. And if I happen to enter a crowded place, such as a grocery store, when my pregnancy hormones are raging, there is a good chance someone is going to get kicked in the shins. Very likely the perky Fry's worker who not only had the nerve to ask me how I was doing, but called me "ma'am" several times.

Ok, maybe that part is more of a sarcastic "fun."

Danielle Bright Photography
 But I will take it all if it means I'm pregnant.

Hormonal and happy,
The Brown-Eyed Girl



No comments: