Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thirty

Hello Sister. I wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday and remind you that you're thirty. You're old.

But you must look really good for your age because a lady at church referred to you as my "little" sister.

I want to point out that you're three years older than me.

I  am the "little" sister.

This wouldn't bother me so much, except that this is the second time it's happened in less than a month. Last time it was a different, older sister that a stranger guessed was younger than me. What the heck? Do I have wrinkles? Am I turning gray? Do braces add years to your appearance?

I've determined that the cause of this gross miscalculation on the part of strangers everywhere is either a) my sisters look young for their age, or b) I look old for my age.

I refuse to accept b.

And, now that I think about it, my sisters are exceptionally gorgeous and youthful.

So I can see how people could mistake them for being my age.

But I want to make this clear.

They're not.

Love your (younger) sister,
The Brown-Eyed Girl

No comments: