Which is why the kids and I had Sonic slushes for dinner the other night.
But as long as I have the AC and my parents' pool, I'm good. So good, in fact, that I've actually been noticing things that I kind of love about Arizona summers:
1. The fiery sunsets
2. Low, billowing thunderheads on a hot afternoon
3. Cicadas buzzing in the trees
4. That deliciously cool feeling the second you jump into the pool
5. The low rumble of thunder in the distance
6. Flip flops
7. Tan lines
8. Watching my kids learn to swim
9. Camping at Clear Creek
10. Flowers blooming on the only plants in my yard I've managed to keep alive
11. Sonic slushes. My new favorite meal.
The Brown-Eyed Girl