Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vacation

Tomorrow I fly away in an airplane to Oregon, where I plan to eat all the seafood I can get in my mouth, take Baby Brown Eyes to the beach for the very first time, and play, play, play. In honor of my vacation, here is today's prompt:

What is your dream vacation?

My dream vacation would be going to Italy, the motherland. Mr. Brown Eyes and I would see all the sights, especially Rome and Venice, sink our toes into white, sandy beaches, and visit all kinds of little cafes and markets where the Italians speak with wild gestures and call me "principessa." And we would eat gelato. Lots and lots of gelato. Then we would escape to the countryside where we would forget we were tourists and befriend some local farmers, who, it would turn out, were actually my relatives. They would invite us to stay in their cottage and they'd cook us delicious meals and we would ride their horses through sun-soaked fields and down to quiet, shaded lakes. My relatives would like us so much they'd ask us to stay forever, and we'd be tempted to say yes until we remembered that we had children back home, missing us, and we would have to say no.

I would also settle for a nice long Mediterranean cruise.

Where do you dream of traveling?

Ciao,
The Brown-Eyed Girl

No comments: