Thursday, June 20, 2013

While I Was Away

Here is some of the fun you missed while I was on maternity leave:

1. Zombie Cake 
 
My husband made this for my sister's birthday.
 
It in no way resembles my sister.

2. Water slide

Also for my sister's birthday. A fourteen-foot inflatable water slide. Hours of fun. But I can't seem to find any pictures.

3. Produce Basket


Through some people in their ward, my parents pay fifteen dollars twice a month to get a basket full of fresh, delicious produce. I decided to try it, and I love it. It feels like Christmas twice a month. I never know what kind of produce we're going to get, and it forces me to try new things and eat healthier. We had Swiss chard smoothies the other day.

4. Les Miserables

Bought the movie on a whim. Loved it. It always makes me happy when my husband likes movies I don't expect him to. Like when we were dating and he watched "Phantom of the Opera" with me. He just didn't want his roommates to catch him.

5. Go-kart
 
Mr. Brown Eyes' Father's Day present. Am I an awesome wife or what?

6. Jogging Stroller
 
This was my birthday present, and I finally got to use it for a few weeks before the weather got too gosh-darned hot to go running. I love it. The kids love it. One of the best purchases we've ever made.

7. Grape-vine and the grape-vine-eating pony

We thought it would be cool to plant a grape-vine along our fence. We failed to take into consideration our redneck neighbors' inability to keep their pets--i.e. goats, horses, and a pony--inside their yard. Needless to say, the grape-vine isn't doing too well.

That, and we've also forgotten to water it a couple times.

I promise we take much better care of our children than we do our plants.

8. Brown-Eyed Boy turned three


9. Brown-Eyed Boy's haircut

Before:

After:
 
My family didn't even recognize him when they saw him the next day.
 
I think he looks adorable, but I miss his long hair.
 
At least I don't have to chase him around the house to comb his hair anymore.


10. Baby Blue Eyes' Blessing


Wearing the beautiful dress my mom made her. Which she pooped in as soon as we got to church.

Baby Blue Eyes, not my mom.

11. Cookies and Cream Culver's Concrete Cake

In celebration of Mother's Day.

I had just decided I was going to give up chocolate to see if it lessened Baby Blue Eyes' fussiness. But Mr. Brown Eyes forgot and bought me the most chocolate-laden cake Culvers had to offer.

I couldn't not eat it.

That would be rude.

So I decided to give up chocolate another day.

Best decision I ever made,
The Brown-Eyed Girl

No comments: