Thursday, February 28, 2013

Waiting

I am now officially more pregnant than I've ever been before.

Courtesy of Wigglebug Photography
Brown Eyed Boy was born at 36 weeks. I was totally unprepared. My baby shower wasn't for another week. We had no diapers. We wrapped Brown Eyed Boy in dish towels until we had a chance to buy some swaddling blankets.

I am now 37 weeks. I've had two baby showers. The bassinet is set up. The carseat is secured in the back of our car. The dresser is full of adorable little girl outfits, just waiting for a little girl to wear them.

The newest addition to the Brown-Eyed family can come any day now.

Seriously, any day.

Like, the sooner the better.

I'm not getting any younger here.

With Brown Eyed Boy, there was no anxious waiting, no sudden onslaught of contractions sending my hopes soaring, only to fizzle out hours later, no constant speculation about "when he might come." I was only pregnant for eight months. I never got into that "just get this baby out of me" mindset.

This is a whole new world for me.

I guess, while I wait, I will enjoy that never-gets-old feeling of my baby squirming and kicking inside of me. And eating all the Oreos I want. And sleeping. Sleep is a precious commodity these days. 

And soon, it will be even more so. 

But I can't wait.

Feeling large,
The Brown-Eyed Girl 






2 comments:

Kolena locksa said...

I can't wait either! We were talking at lunch about babies and how some people don't like them...well I love them! Isn't that funny, coming from me who had NO interest whatsoever in tiny babies when I was younger. I can't wait to hold your little one!

RBeckstead said...

I can't believe you're that close to baby #2! That's so exciting!!! I wanted to let you know that I got your package and read the book. It was a really fun read, thanks for sending it to me! Good luck with the new baby!