Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Post-Valentine's Day Letter

To all the guys who ever broke my heart,

Thank you.

Thank you for never calling me even though you promised you would, for forgetting my name a thousand times, for cutting our date short and not even being gentleman enough to walk me to my door.

Thank you for falling in love with my roommate.

Thank you for deciding, after two semesters of leading me on, that you'd probably just better stick with your girlfriend.

Thank you for finding someone new when I was away at school.

Thank you, when I wouldn't give in to your advances, for deciding that I wasn't easy enough for you and moving on to some floozy whose standards weren't quite so high.

Thank you for all those Valentine's Days spent without a Valentine.


If it weren't for all of you breaking my heart, I never would have met the man who is now my husband. The man who will never ever break my heart. If I had known back then that I would marry such an amazing man, I would have spent a lot less time crying over you.

So thank you. Because of all those lame dates and lonely Friday nights and slow dances spent on the wall, I now have the best Valentine ever.

I owe it all to you.

Sincerely,
The Brown-Eyed Girl

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Isn't it a nice feeling to be able to thank those who lack your intrest now :)